When it comes to salty snacks, potato chips reign supreme, but this fantastic kale chips recipe will have you going back for seconds without the guilt. A rich veggie that is packed with vitamins, kale is often used as a garnish or addition to salads because of a strong, bitter taste. However, in a few short steps it's easy to turn the leafy green into a crispy, satisfying snack.
After cutting the kale up into chip-sized pieces, simply toss them in olive oil and seasonings before baking for about 12-15 minutes on 375 degree heat. For seasoning, keep it simple with salt and pepper or use popcorn seasoning for a pop of flavor that won't leave you missing potato chips one bit. Make sure to not over-salt your kale chips because a little bit of sodium goes a long way in this recipe.
Kale Chips are a Fantastic Low Fat Alternative to Standard Crisps
1. Healthy Snack Alternatives - Explore the growing demand for low-fat and nutritious alternatives to traditional snacks like potato chips.
2. Veggie-based Snacks - Discover the rising trend of using vegetables, such as kale, as the main ingredient in snack foods.
3. Crispy Green Snacks - Find innovative ways to create crispy and satisfying snacks using leafy greens like kale.
1. Snack Food Industry - Opportunity for snack food companies to develop and market healthier alternatives to traditional potato chips.
2. Vegetable Product Industry - Scope for companies to innovate and manufacture innovative vegetable-based snack products.
3. Health Food Industry - Potential for health food companies to create and market nutritious and guilt-free snack options for consumers.