This bubblegum pink installation by Artist Jana Winderen and Architect Marc Fornes is like a jungle gym soundscape. The Storefront Gallery sculptural piece is currently on exhibit in New York from October 4 to November 21, 2014.
In the same way that a children's playhouse has many rooms and tunnels connected to one another for them to crawl through, the bulbous Situation NY allows people to walk through the magenta sculpture. Made out of 2000 interlocking parts, the digital installation immerses visitors in sound and light that corresponds to their movements.
Unlike other art galleries and museums, quiet reflection is not encouraged. The Jana Winderen and Marc Fornes piece is a "vibrating sound experiment that aims to transform the architecture into animated sensible form."
Jana Winderen and Marc Fornes Designed the Situation NY Installation
1. Interactive Sound Sculptures - The art industry can explore the use of interactive installations to create immersive soundscapes.
2. Sensory Architecture - The architecture industry can incorporate elements of sensory experience in their designs to create more engaging spaces.
3. Digital Interlocking Structures - The technology industry can develop digital tools for creating interlocking structures made up of multiple parts.
1. Art - This trend can create new opportunities in the art industry for interactive, sensory-based installations.
2. Architecture - This trend can create new opportunities in the architecture industry for immersive and experiential designs.
3. Technology - This trend can create new opportunities in the technology industry for creating innovative digital tools for interlocking structures.