'Icelandic Mountain Vodka' has debuted a hilarious ad featuring Game of Thrones character 'The Mountain.' Hafthor Julius Bjornsson who plays Ser Gregor Clegane on the incredibly popular fantasy show is the spokesperson and one of the owners of the new Icelandic vodka.
The ad follows Bjornsson on his daily routine of waking up, eating, going to the gym and eating some more -- well a lot more. Bjornsson also spends most of the ad cleverly wearing a workout shirt that reads "Training to fight the Mountain." The back of the vodka features a silhouette version of him. The ad ends with the Mountain affirming that everyone loves Icelandic Mountain Vodka, and shows what happens to those who don't immediately agree, which is the same move the Mountain used to kill Oberyn Martell on Game of Thrones.
The vodka is made with pure Icelandic water and distilled seven times. Using the Mountain as the back-label and in the name will help Icelandic Mountain Vodka to capitalize on fandom dedicated to Game of Thrones.
This 'Icelandic Mountain Vodka' Ad Features The Game of Thrones Character
1. Celebrity Endorsements - Opportunity to capitalize on popular TV shows through endorsements by their prominent actors.
2. Humorous Marketing - Using humor in marketing and advertising can attract more attention and create brand awareness.
3. Brand Collaboration - Collaborating with TV shows to create products can attract a new customer base and increase brand loyalty.
1. Alcohol Industry - There is potential for alcohol companies to tap into popular TV shows and their characters for marketing and endorsements.
2. Entertainment Industry - Collaborating with alcohol companies to create products based on popular TV shows and their characters can create new revenue streams for entertainment companies.
3. Marketing and Advertising Industry - Using humorous marketing techniques and collaboration between brands can create innovative and effective advertising campaigns.