The HQ Trivia cash prizes have thrust the app into the international spotlight but HQ is stepping up its prize pool depending on the NBA finals. Following the massive $300,000 record session, hosted by the Rock, HQ is looking to give away prizes of increasing value as the NBA finals drag on. The games will begin at $100,000 at game one of the finals and will increase in 100,000 increments until the final 7th game. It is possible that the $700,000 prize may not be reached, but considering how the NBA finals have been going it may be quite possible.
The question in these games will largely focus on the teams, their cities and general basketball trivia. HQ Trivia usually hosts two games a day and the chance to win these big HQ Trivia cash prizes will occur at 6 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET each NBA Finals day.
Image Credit: HQ Trivia
HQ Trivia Cash Prizes Will Be a Lot Higher During the NBA Finals
1. Increasing Prize Pools - HQ Trivia stepping up its prize pool during the NBA finals with increasing values presents an opportunity for the gaming industry to capitalize on the trend and offer similar large-scale cash prizes.
2. Niche Event-based Trivia - HQ Trivia's use of event-based trivia questions focused on the NBA finals' teams and cities presents an opportunity for other trivia apps to create similar niche events based around popular cultural events and offers users a unique experience.
3. Cross-industry Collaborations - HQ Trivia's partnerships with popular cultural events, like the NBA Finals and with celebrities, such as the Rock, present an opportunity for industries to collaborate and co-promote each other's offerings to their mutual benefit.
1. Gaming - HQ Trivia's success and ability to generate and increase prize pools presents an opportunity for the gaming industry to innovate by exploring new ways to incentivize users to engage with their services.
2. Entertainment - HQ Trivia's partnerships with popular cultural events and celebrities presents an opportunity for the entertainment industry to utilize its star power and brand recognition to promote their offerings and increase engagement.
3. Sports - HQ Trivia's event-based trivia focused on the NBA Finals' teams and cities presents an opportunity for the sports industry to explore new ways to engage fans and provide a unique fan experience outside of traditional games and events.