This Guinness advert cleverly dissuades people from using their phones in a bar. The ad is made up of phones that have been stacked on top of one another, with the black bodies of the phones perfectly mimicking the dark coloring of Guinness and two silvery phones to form the head on top. The varying shapes and sizes of the phones also help to recreate the silhouette of the Guinness glass.
The ad is quite brilliant, since it makes its focus entirely on phones and beer, and illustrates its point
by showing a pile of phones that have been set aside. In social settings, it’s so easy for a phone to become a crutch, but Guinness is clearly taking a stand against people texting while you could be chatting up someone face-to-face.
This Guinness Advert Wants Phones Down and Bottoms Up
1. Phone-free Socializing - Opportunity for businesses to promote phone-free social experiences and encourage face-to-face interaction.
2. Disruptive Advertisements - Opportunity for innovative ad campaigns that creatively dissuade phone usage and capture attention.
3. Immersive Brand Messaging - Opportunity for brands to use unique visuals and storytelling to convey their values and connect with consumers.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for advertising agencies and marketers to create disruptive campaigns that prioritize human interaction over phone usage.
2. Hospitality and Entertainment - Opportunity for bars, restaurants, and event venues to offer phone-free experiences and attract customers seeking genuine connections.
3. Mobile Technology - Opportunity for mobile companies to develop features or apps that promote healthier phone habits and discourage excessive usage in social settings.