JetBlue executes an online tribute to Jason Collins and gay athletes around the world. JetBlue has just recently posted an image created by the ad agency showing a rainbow image of the “i-people” from the company’s “You Above All” brand campaign in support of Collins. “Thanks Jason, today we’re all on the same team,” is the clever and heartfelt copy that goes with the powerful image.
This campaign has been posted to Twitter and Facebook and the responses have been mixed, but fortunately, mostly positive. Jason Collins has shown a great deal of courage; he is the first of openly gay male athletes to come out in major U.S. professional sports. It is nice to see that Jason has been receiving so much support.
JetBlue Executes an Online Tribute Campaign to NBA’s Jason Collin
1. LGBTQ+ Awareness Advertising - Opportunities for brands to create ads in support of the LGBTQ+ community and its athletes.
2. Social Media Campaigns - Social media creates a platform for brands to promote positive messages and support athletes, like Jason Collins.
3. Inclusive Branding - Brands can seize the opportunity to incorporate inclusivity in their brand campaigns and messaging.
1. Sports Apparel - Collaborations between sports apparel brands and LGBTQ+ athletes could create new and inclusive lines of clothing.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Advertising and marketing agencies can provide strategies and creative concepts for inclusive campaigns.
3. Professional Sports Leagues - Professional sports leagues can show their support for LGBTQ+ athletes through public statements and inclusive policies.