Getting to drive around a new car always makes for a fun test drive, but #PoloTag from Volkswagen makes the activity even more interactive and fun.
In order to promote the new Volkswagen Polo, the car was sent out across South Africa and people were challenged to spot it and tag it for a chance to drive it. The new car was awarded to the person who managed to drive the car the longest before getting tagged by another person wanting to take a test drive. On social media, hints as to where the car would be popping up next were shared, so that it would be easy for people to tag. The campaign is a great one to rally car lovers online and offline, plus, get people testing out the new and improved Volkswagen Polo.
Volkswagen's Fun Test Drive Challenges People in a City-Wide Game
1. Interactive Test Drive Challenges - Creating interactive challenges during test drives can enhance engagement and excitement for car enthusiasts.
2. Social Media-driven Promotions - Using social media to share hints and locations can generate buzz and excitement around a new car model.
3. Offline and Online Integration - Blending offline and online experiences can create a seamless and immersive test drive campaign.
1. Automotive Industry - Automakers can explore gamified test drives as a creative way to promote new car models and engage potential customers.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Creating interactive and social media-driven campaigns like #PoloTag can inspire marketers to think outside the box and explore unique promotional strategies.
3. Digital Technology and Social Media - Integrating digital technology and social media platforms into traditional industries like car test drives can open up new opportunities for innovation and customer engagement.