As a follow-up to Force Friday in 2015, Disney and Lucasfilm are launching an augmented reality event called 'Find the Force,' which introduces an AR treasure hunt set in retail environments around the world.
Find the Force is set to unfold as a three-day pop-up augmented reality scavenger hunt that will be taking place at more than 20,000 retail locations across 30 countries. The event inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi will direct consumers to download the Star Wars app and visit one of the participating retail stores. After locating the in-store Find the Force logo, participants are able to scan it and have an AR character appear before their eyes.
Over the course of the event, new characters are revealed, introducing a total of 15 that consumers may discover.
Disney and Lucasfilm are Launching an AR Event Called 'Find the Force'
1. Augmented Reality Scavenger Hunts - Businesses can create interactive experiences in physical retail stores by implementing augmented reality scavenger hunts.
2. Pop-up AR Events - Companies can host pop-up AR events to engage customers and promote new products or services.
3. AR Advertising - Augmented reality advertising can revolutionize traditional advertising methods by providing an interactive and immersive experience for customers.
1. Retail - Retail stores can use AR scavenger hunts to increase foot traffic and sales.
2. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can use AR scavenger hunts to promote new movies, TV shows, and games.
3. Advertising - Advertisers can use AR technology to create interactive and engaging ad campaigns that capture customers' attention.