Niantic, the developer behind the hit mobile game 'Pokemon Go,' announced that it is developing another augmented reality game titled 'Marvel World of Heroes.' The game was announced at the Disney & Marvel Games Showcase on September 9th, alongside a number of other games set in the Marvel universe.
Niantic only showed a brief teaser for the game which showed people standing outside in a park holding their phones up, then activating superpowers such as shooting lightning or flying. Despite Niantic not confirming what the gameplay of Marvel World of Heroes will be like, it is expected that it will allow players to create their own superhero, embark on random quests, and fight creatures in augmented reality, similar to the mobile 'Witcher' game.
Image Credit: Niantic, Disney
Niantic Announced Marvel World of Heroes for Mobile Devices
1. AR Superhero Gaming - The trend of augmented reality superhero games offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in mobile gaming and app development.
2. Customizable Superheroes - The trend of customizable superheroes offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in personalization and product customization.
3. Augmented Reality Advertising - The trend of augmented reality gaming offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in advertising and marketing for brands and businesses.
1. Mobile Gaming - The mobile gaming industry can benefit from the trend of AR superhero games by developing new gaming experiences to cater to this growing market.
2. Personalization - Industries that offer personalization, such as fashion and beauty, can benefit from the trend of customizable superheroes by offering unique customization options to their customers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The trend of augmented reality advertising can benefit industries such as retail, entertainment, and hospitality by offering new and engaging ways to promote their products and services to customers.