The filthybeauty series is a lesson in resilience. Where many would be discouraged in the face of extreme adversity Annie Watson created flawed, yet beautiful art.
Hurricane Sandy rocked the states with a vengeance and caused millions in damages. Houses were destroyed, property lost and the like. One of the people affected by the storm was Annie Watson, who had her house decimated by the storm. Her filthybeauty series takes a look at the destruction caused by the storm and other such incidents and documents it in a photo journalistic way.
Many of the shots are of dumpsters that have been battered by the weather and other, similar circumstances. While the content of the images is flawed, the beauty in the destruction is where the true value of the series lies.
Annie Watson Creates Art of Chaos with the Filthybeauty series
1. Resilient Art - Opportunity to create art that showcases resilience in the face of adversity.
2. Documentary Photography - Opportunity to capture the impact of natural disasters and other incidents in a photojournalistic way.
3. Beauty in Destruction - Opportunity to explore the concept of finding beauty in flawed and damaged subjects.
1. Art - Opportunity for artists to create impactful and thought-provoking works inspired by natural disasters.
2. Photography - Opportunity for photographers to capture the aftermath of extreme events and convey a powerful visual narrative.
3. Fine Art Photography - Opportunity for fine art photographers to challenge traditional notions of beauty by focusing on flawed and damaged subjects.