By company description alone, Eyefluence is surely one of the most futuristic endeavors out there. Eyefluence develops eye-tracking technology with the goal of having its systems seamlessly integrated into VR and AR technologies. Now, the company has bee acquired by Google -- which is itself deeply involved in the VR industry.
Eyefluence's eye-tracking technology promises to make for a more immersive VR experience, no matter the content that users are viewing. A current problem with VR is that, in order for users to meaningfully interact with their environment, they need to use controllers that take them out of the experience. With Eyefluence, users could manipulate VR objects simply by directing their attention towards them, removing the need for peripheral equipment.
Google's Eyefluence Will Let Users Control VR with Their Eyes
1. Integration of Eye-tracking Technology in VR - Eyefluence's eye-tracking technology promises to make for a more immersive VR experience.
2. Hands-free Interaction in VR - Eyefluence's technology removes the need for peripheral equipment, allowing for hands-free VR object manipulation.
3. Acquisition of Eye-tracking Tech Startups by Tech Giants - Google's acquisition of Eyefluence highlights the interest of tech giants in acquiring innovative eye-tracking technology startups for VR and AR applications.
1. Virtual Reality - Eyefluence's technology has the potential to disrupt the VR industry by enabling a seamless integration of eye-tracking technology in VR applications.
2. Augmented Reality - Eyefluence's technology could also bring disruptive innovation opportunities to the AR industry, by making AR experiences more intuitive and interactive.
3. Eye-tracking Technology - Google's acquisition of Eyefluence showcases the expanding market for innovative eye-tracking technology that has applications beyond VR and AR.