This browser extension wants to turn you into an ethical shopper with just one click. Currently crowdfunding on Kickstarter, startup Impakt helps you ensure your spending lines up with your values. It pulls public data and news articles from the web to give you alternative suggestions, company profiles and personalized alerts so you can support transparent businesses and products that make a difference and be a more educated consumer.
Any time you add an item to an online shopping cart, the browser extension will pull up relevant information on the brand so you can be an informed as well as ethical shopper. Although other conscious consumer software and strategies exist, Impakt cofounder Jonathan Hecht points out "but when it comes to actually getting people to change their minds and their behavior, the current market options were way too high-friction."
Impakt Turns You Into an Educated and Ethical Shopper
1. Conscious Consumerism - The rise of platforms that help consumers find ethical and sustainable shopping options creates opportunities for businesses to differentiate themselves and build brand loyalty.
2. Personalized Recommendations - Tools that provide customized feedback and suggestions based on user data and preferences have the potential to disrupt traditional advertising and marketing methods.
3. Data-driven Decision Making - The use of public data and news articles to inform shopping decisions opens up opportunities for businesses to proactively provide transparent information about their practices and build consumer trust.
1. Retail - As ethical consumerism continues to gain traction, retailers who prioritize ethical and sustainable practices will have a competitive edge.
2. E-commerce - The integration of conscious consumerism tools into the online shopping experience presents opportunities for e-commerce companies to attract and retain customers who prioritize their values when making purchasing decisions.
3. Data Analytics - The collection and analysis of consumer data through conscious consumerism tools can help businesses understand and respond to changing trends and consumer preferences.