For a few years now, people in Toronto have been enjoying the innovative plant-based menu at Planta, as well as its other offshoots like Planta Burger—and recently, Planta opened an all-new vegan dim sum restaurant in the city. The Asian-inspired plant-based eatery puts an entirely plant-based spin on classic dishes like dumplings, which are offered in flavorful varieties like Spinach & Shiitake, Crispy Snow Pea Leaves and Crispy Black Bean.
While the menu lists categories like nigiri and maki, items like the Spicy Tuna Roll are actually made with vibrant plant-powered ingredients like ahi and pickled watermelon, tempura and spicy aioli. Diners will also be able to enjoy everything from spring rolls and small plates to salads, noodles and rice.
Toronto's 'Planta Queen' is an Asian-Inspired Vegan Eatery
1. Plant-based Dim Sum - Opportunity to offer plant-based versions of traditional dim sum dishes.
2. Asian-inspired Vegan Cuisine - Potential to create innovative plant-based Asian dishes beyond dim sum.
3. Innovative Ingredient Substitutions - Disruptive potential in using plant-powered ingredients as substitutes in traditional recipes.
1. Restaurant Industry - Vegan and plant-based restaurants can tap into the growing demand for innovative dining experiences.
2. Plant-based Food Industry - Opportunity to expand the plant-based food market by introducing plant-based versions of popular Asian dishes.
3. Food Delivery Industry - Potential to offer plant-based dim sum and Asian-inspired vegan cuisine through online food delivery platforms.