Some see a cradle, others see half an eye, but no matter how you look at the Cradle by Ball-Nogues Studio, you are guaranteed to be impressed. The hammock-like massive metal structure is undeniably eye-catching.
The design was commissioned by the city of Santa Monica and is located on the outside of a shopping mall. Set in a busy, bustling part of town, the structure receives plenty of traffic and strange looks as many people aren't too sure what to make of these large steel balls. It's almost tempting to take one of them and start playing a giant pinball game.
Cradle by Ball-Nogues Studio is whatever you want it to be and offers a variety of perspectives. Either way, the design puts a creative spin on what can be done with massive metal orbs.
The Cradle by Ball-Nogues Studio is an Uncomfortable Place to Lay Your Head
1. Metal Art Installations - The Cradle by Ball-Nogues Studio showcases the potential for large-scale metal art installations in public spaces.
2. Unconventional Hammocks - The Cradle by Ball-Nogues Studio's hammock-like design presents an opportunity to create unconventional hammocks for public use.
3. Interactive Urban Design - The Cradle by Ball-Nogues Studio's interactive and thought-provoking design highlights the potential for more interactive urban design projects.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry has the potential to create more large-scale and unique metal installations like The Cradle.
2. Outdoor Furniture - The outdoor furniture industry could explore the concept of unconventional and artistic hammocks for public use.
3. Urban Planning - The urban planning industry could consider more interactive and visually stimulating projects like The Cradle to enhance public spaces.