Augmented reality has been at the forefront of technology and design recently, providing a means of entertainment, workplace training, education and most recently, serving as a cosmetic dentistry aid.
Dentists can help improve even the most broken of smiles, but the hefty price tag and uncertainty of the finished product can be enough to turn away potential clients. To make the transition to a beautiful smile a little smoother, researchers have developed a "virtual mirror" which uses augmented reality to show patients the end results of their upcoming surgery, in real time. The system has been dubbed the 'Kapanu Augmented Reality Engine,' and it works by scanning the patient's oral cavity, overlaying those images with "naturally attractive" teeth, selected from a wide database.
This method enables patients to effectively "try on" different smiles, personalizing the process, and promising perfect results.
This AR Cosmetic Dentistry Aid Helps Patients Try on Different Smiles
1. AR Cosmetic Dentistry Mirrors - The trend of using AR cosmetic dentistry mirrors provides disruption in the dental industry by offering patients an opportunity to visualize and personalize their desired results, leading to better customer satisfaction.
2. Virtual Mirrors for Medical Procedures - The trend of using virtual mirrors for medical procedures can be developed in other sectors of the healthcare industry such as orthopedics, dermatology, and plastic surgery, offering more effective communication and personalized treatment options for patients.
3. Augmented Reality in Personalized Treatment - The trend of augmented reality in personalized treatment can be expanded in the healthcare industry, providing more customized and efficient treatment options for various medical conditions.
1. Dental Industry - The dental industry can benefit from using AR cosmetic dentistry mirrors, providing better customer satisfaction and a competitive advantage for dental clinics.
2. Healthcare Industry - The healthcare industry as a whole can benefit from the trend of using virtual mirrors for medical procedures, offering more effective communication between patients and healthcare professionals, leading to more personalized treatment options.
3. Technology Industry - The technology industry can develop AR tools for various medical procedures, leading to a disruptive innovation in the healthcare industry, providing more innovative and tailored solutions to various healthcare needs.