Bitburger Cola-Cider Mix is a hybrid beverage that consists of 70% cider and 30% cola and it was created to appeal to younger drinkers of legal age. The 4.3% ABV beverage was created in partnership with the Heil cidery and Bitburger, one of Germany’s largest brewers, set out to create an appealing alternative to beer. Bitburger's Axel Dahm says "We know that especially younger consumers in Germany drink less beer. We see a great opportunity here to interest and inspire consumers in the beer category through a product as close to beer as cider.”
The hybrid cider beverage can be found in slim, dark packaging with gold accents that makes it look more beer-like and less fresh, light and fruity than the average can of cider.
Bitburger Cola-Cider Mix Appeals to Young Legal-Age Drinkers
1. Cola-cider Hybrids - Hybrid beverage combinations that mix cider and cola are becoming more popular especially among young adult drinkers.
2. Alternative Beverages - Alternative non-beer beverages continue to emerge as consumer preferences shift away from beer.
3. Packaging Innovation - Innovative packaging design is being used to differentiate hybrid cider beverages from traditional ciders and beers.
1. Alcoholic Beverage - As younger consumers move away from beer, there is an increasing demand for new and innovative alcoholic beverage options.
2. Packaging - With the popularity of alternative beverages, there is a growing opportunity for packaging companies to create unique packaging designs that appeal to consumers.
3. Breweries - Breweries can capitalize on the trend of alternative beverages by partnering with cideries to create innovative new products.