This children's restaurant in Dubai is not like others. Instead of a vibrant and engaging color palette that promotes play and whimsicality, the aesthetic development of the business is approached from a very different angle. Sneha Divias Atelier is the design firm tasked with facilitating the visual experience and the name of the children's restaurant is 'White & The Bear.'
The studio attempted to boast a clean and minimalist aesthetic by employing neutral tones, especially white, and using timber for the furniture. The goal was to "not overstimulate the senses," but to facilitate a more tranquil experience for guests, sparking their curiosity.
Aside from being a children's restaurant, White & The Bear also doubles as a retail space, signifying that the hybridization of businesses is still a popular way to entice consumers.
Photo Credits: Natelee Cocks
Sneha Divias Atelier Designs a Children's Restaurant
1. Minimalist Aesthetics - Embracing a clean and minimalist aesthetic approach can create a tranquil and curiosity-sparking experience for guests, disrupting traditional vibrant and whimsical designs.
2. Hybridization of Businesses - The popularity of combining different business concepts, such as a children's restaurant and a retail space, continues to offer disruptive innovation opportunities to entice consumers.
3. Neutral Tones and Timber - Utilizing neutral tones, especially white, and incorporating timber furniture in children-specific restaurants can provide a unique and calming atmosphere, challenging the typical vibrant color palettes.
1. Hospitality - Minimalist aesthetic and hybridized concepts present disruption opportunities in the hospitality industry to create unique and tranquil experiences for guests.
2. Retail - The combination of a children's restaurant and a retail space showcases the potential for disruptive innovation in the retail industry by attracting families and providing a multi-dimensional experience.
3. Interior Design - The use of neutral tones, timber furniture, and the minimalist approach in children-specific restaurants opens up disruptive opportunities for interior designers to create innovative and calming spaces.