This candy bar ad from Snickers might cause some to do a double take. The advertisement is part of the brand's 'You're Not You When You're Hungry' campaign and features one of the special-edition candy bar wrappers that was created for the campaign.
In the style of many retouched swimwear photos, the model looks flawless—except for an additional hand that was intentionally Photoshopped in to support the idea that "Photo retouchers get confused when they're hungry." Another one in the series features the same style of ad, but imagines a similarly disastrous scenario when the appetite of a wind machine operator is not satisfied.
What's significant about this ad is that it was set on the back of a Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue. This advertisement is bound to get noticed, especially since it backs one of the more progressive covers from the publication featuring plus-size model Ashley Graham.
Snickers' Sports Illustrated Ad Features an Intentional Photoshop Fail
1. Photoshop Fails - Opportunity for brands to create ads with intentionally Photoshopped elements for humorous or attention-grabbing effect.
2. "you're Not You When You're Hungry" Campaigns - Opportunity for brands to highlight the transformative effects of their products or services through humor and relatable scenarios.
3. Progressive Advertising - Opportunity for brands to challenge traditional beauty standards and embrace inclusivity by featuring diverse models in their ad campaigns.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to leverage humor and relatability in their advertising to engage with consumers and showcase their products.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for advertising and marketing agencies to develop creative campaigns that utilize Photoshop fails and humor to capture attention and generate brand awareness.
3. Fashion and Beauty - Opportunity for fashion and beauty brands to challenge industry norms and promote body positivity by featuring diverse models in their ad campaigns.