A great number of urban cafes are short on space, making it a challenge for designers to establish an atmosphere of intimacy and invite private conversations to take place. The Café Ki in Tokyo makes the most of its small and open seating area by creating subtle boundaries with furniture.
ID Inc. of Japan made custom tables with glossy white surfaces and -- most importantly -- tubular steel legs that extend up towards the ceiling. These have been finished in black and manufactured to a variety of heights, complete with branch and twig-like offshoots that stick out and up in every direction. Since these are placed along the length of the Café Ki tables, they partition intimate discussions. They also act as convenient coatracks for jackets, hats and umbrellas.
The Foresty Cafe Ki Welcomes You to an Enchanted Artificial Arboretum
1. Intimate Space Design - Opportunity for designers to create innovative solutions for establishing an atmosphere of intimacy in small urban spaces.
2. Nature-inspired Furniture - Potential to design furniture with branch and twig-like offshoots that create a sense of natural ambience.
3. Multi-functional Furniture - Opportunity to develop furniture that serves multiple purposes, such as partitioning spaces and providing storage options.
1. Interior Design - Interior designers can explore new ways to maximize space and create intimate environments in small cafes.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - Manufacturers can tap into the demand for nature-inspired furniture designs that create a unique atmosphere.
3. Hospitality - Cafes and restaurants can incorporate nature-inspired furniture to enhance the dining experience and create a distinctive ambiance.