Creative advertising agency BBDO worked with Mattel to create this adorable and inspiring Barbie ad. The ad aims to encourage curiosity, education and confidence among young girls.
The ad features a cast of young girls who are already in their chosen careers. For example, Maddy is the coach of a male soccer team while Gwyneth is a professor at a university where she teaches biology. The ultimate goal for this playful sketch is to teach girls that they can become whatever they want at a young age.
Additionally, the ad encourages girls to continue playing with Barbies because their interactions with dolls will prompt further learning. This heart-warming Barbie ad appeals to both young girls as well as parents. By promoting the brand's message of female empowerment, the spot speaks to various audiences.
The New Barbie Ad Features Young Girls with Professional Careers
1. Female Empowerment in Advertising - Opportunity for brands to create ads that promote gender equality and inspire young girls to pursue professional careers at a young age.
2. Encouraging Curiosity and Education Through Play - Innovative toys and games that encourage learning and career exploration while keeping playtime fun and interactive.
3. Inclusive Representation in Toy Design - Opportunity for toy manufacturers to create diverse and inclusive dolls that represent a wide range of professions and backgrounds.
1. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for ad agencies to develop creative and inspiring campaigns that challenge gender stereotypes and promote female empowerment.
2. Toy Manufacturing - Opportunity for toy companies to create educational and empowering dolls that inspire young girls to pursue their dreams and break barriers.
3. Education and Learning - Opportunity for educational institutions and learning platforms to develop interactive tools and resources that encourage curiosity, education, and career exploration among young girls.