When given the opportunity to design a house on top of a hill, Attila KIM, a local Romanian architecture studio, took advantage of the situation. 'House with a View' maximizes the natural beauty of the property, offering the residents a bountiful vista with sight lines in every direction.
'House with a View' is located in Brasov, Romania, a town with a rich history dating back to the medieval era. With such a spectacular view of the town, Attila KIM's home design gives the occupants a broader perspective on the slow progression of history over time, like looking down on the hustle and bustle of a modern metropolis when flying overhead and realizing the insignificance of everyday stresses. Attila KIM's 'House with a View' is thus a nihilistic memento mori — but with excellent natural light.
Image Credit: Dacian Groza, Kinga Tomos
Attila KIM's 'House with a View' Lives Up to Its Name
1. Hilltop Homes - Designing homes on hilltops to maximize panoramic views and create a connection with nature.
2. Maximizing Natural Beauty - Utilizing the natural surroundings and landscape to enhance the aesthetics and overall appeal of residential designs.
3. Perspective on History - Creating homes that offer residents a unique viewpoint to observe historical landmarks and visualize the passage of time.
1. Architecture - Exploring innovative ways to optimize views, incorporate natural elements, and preserve historical contexts in residential design.
2. Real Estate - Identifying properties with stunning vistas and potential for hilltop developments that provide a unique selling point.
3. Tourism - Promoting hilltop homes as high-end vacation rentals or luxury retreats that offer breathtaking views and a historical perspective.