Designed by Simone Micheli for Adrenalina, Symbol is a slightly asymmetrical armchair that can be colorfully customized. The out-of-kilter shape defies tradition, but it remains appropriate for both modern and traditional settings.
The inner woodframe construction is fully padded with polyurethane foam and fiberfill. Upholstery can be ordered permanently affixed or removable for cleaning and is available as woven fabric, leather, and vinyl.
Implications - Customers are seeking out ways to make their living spaces more personalized. The need to feel like one's home is safe and comfortable rather than simply having it as a place to sleep is becoming a necessity. Designers can create more unique pieces in order to attract those consumers who desire one-of-a-kind furnishings.
'Symbol' by Simone Micheli Can Be Customized to Suit Many Moods
1. Customizable Furniture - The trend of customizable furniture offers an opportunity for designers to create unique pieces that cater to consumers' desire for personalization.
2. Asymmetrical Design - The rise of asymmetrical design in furniture allows for unconventional shapes and forms that break away from traditional norms.
3. Multi-functional Upholstery - The demand for multi-functional upholstery materials presents an opportunity for designers to create versatile furniture pieces that can be easily cleaned and customized.
1. Interior Design - The interior design industry can leverage the trend of customizable furniture to offer personalized solutions that cater to individual preferences.
2. Furniture Manufacturing - The furniture manufacturing industry can explore the use of asymmetrical design to create innovative and eye-catching pieces that stand out in the market.
3. Textile and Upholstery - The textile and upholstery industry can capitalize on the demand for multi-functional upholstery materials by developing innovative fabrics that are both durable and easy to clean.