Fernanda Marques Arquitetos Associados was commissioned with the incredibly difficult task of incorporating a design-driven and functioning apartment swimming pool in a duplex space in São Paulo, Brazil. Despite the complicated existing structure and the nature of the project, the firm was able to create an absolutely stunning glass-enclosed pool that has become a focal point in the living room of the modern space.
Drawing on the overbearing presence of tropical vegetation, existing interior design and the client's voluminous art collection, Fernanda Marques Arquitetos Associados designed the apartment swimming pool to be accessible from the outside and visible from the inside. The lower glass paneling reveals the beautiful turquoise color of the water, while the upper gives an almost completely independent scenery of natural greenery.
Photo Credits: Fillippo Bamberghi
Fernanda Marques Incorporated a Whole Pool in an Existing Duplex
1. Glass-enclosed Pools - Opportunity for architects and designers to incorporate glass-enclosed pools as a focal point in modern spaces.
2. Indoor-outdoor Spaces - Potential for creating accessible and visible swimming pools that connect indoor and outdoor environments.
3. Design-driven Pools - Demand for aesthetically pleasing and functional swimming pool designs that can become a centerpiece of a living space.
1. Architecture and Design - Architects and designers can explore innovative ways to incorporate swimming pools as a design element in residential and commercial spaces.
2. Real Estate - Opportunity for real estate developers to incorporate indoor swimming pools as a unique selling point in luxury residences.
3. Hospitality and Resorts - Hotels and resorts can attract guests by featuring glass-enclosed pools that offer a unique, immersive experience.