Devices that reduce and monitor stress become increasingly accessible
Implications - Stress reduction is being prioritized by North American consumers, and medical, tech-based options are being made increasingly accessible to them. This shift comes as consumers seek out holistic approaches to health that offer the historic benefits of natural care, with the scientific backing of Western medicine — all while making the former more accessible.
Workshop Question - How can your brand cater to consumers’ desire to holistically approach various facets of their life?
1. Naturalistic Stress Reduction - Consumers are seeking out holistic approaches to health with scientific backing by Western medicine, leading to medical and tech-based devices that reduce stress becoming increasingly accessible.
2. Wearable Stress Management - Consumers are turning to technology to manage their overall health, leading to a rise in wearable stress management devices that use biometric sensors and connectivity to provide users with stress reduction exercises.
3. Mental State Tracking - The increase in interest amongst consumers for upstream technology accessories that will help them lead a healthier lifestyle has led to innovations in mental state-tracking wearables.
1. Health & Wellness - The trend towards naturalistic stress reduction and wearable stress management devices offer opportunities for product development in the health and wellness industry.
2. Technology - The rise in popularity of wearable stress management and mental state-tracking devices indicates growth potential for technological advancements in these areas.
3. Gaming & Entertainment - Stress-alleviating game controllers like the SimyBall offer potential for innovation in the gaming and entertainment industry, creating new opportunities for companies to market to consumers seeking stress-reduction solutions.