Consumers turn the process of gift-giving and decorating into an activity
Implications - Many holiday purchases are made for either gifting or decor purposes. Consumers looking for a way to scale back on costs, while providing a great experience, are turning to DIY projects. This approach is not only more cost-effective, it also provides a group bonding activity for consumers, signifying a willingness to trade off convenience for the sake of ritual.
1. DIY Culture - The rise of DIY projects as a way to scale back on holiday costs and provide a bonding experience for consumers.
2. Upcycling - The growing trend of repurposing materials to create unique decorations for holidays and special occasions.
3. Homemade Beauty Products - The popularity of making homemade beauty products with natural ingredients for holiday gift-giving.
1. Craft and Hobby Industry - Business professionals in the craft and hobby industry can take advantage of the growing interest in DIY projects and offer unique products and materials for consumers to create their own holiday decorations and gifts.
2. Eco-friendly Industry - There is a growing demand for eco-friendly alternatives to holiday decorations and gifts, and businesses can meet this need by offering upcycling workshops or sustainable craft supplies.
3. Natural Beauty Industry - Business professionals in the natural beauty industry can take advantage of the growing trend of homemade beauty products and offer workshops or natural ingredients for consumers to make their own holiday gifts.