Berlin-based sneaker retailer Overkill joins forces with adidas once again to rework a pair of ZX 10000C sneakers for the season. The second iteration boasts co-branding accents and it is entitled the 'Game Overkill' -- it draws inspiration from retro game consoles, informed through the color palette.
The fabric construction also refers to the previous eras and the game culture that existed, tapping design cues representative of the 80s and 90s. The uppers are complete in a gray base, recalling the color of old game consoles, done up in suede materials. It features coarse mesh materials and stripes at the heel to represent the buttons. The sock liner is finished in green as a nod to the screens, topped off with red eyelets as the battery sign.
adidas and Overkill Drop the Second ZX 10000C Sneaker Design
1. Retro Game Console-inspired Fashion - Expanding beyond sneakers, brands can incorporate retro game console-inspired designs into clothing and accessories.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - Businesses can leverage the popularity of retro game consoles to create nostalgic marketing campaigns that resonate with consumers.
3. Limited Edition Collaborations - Collaborations between sneaker retailers and brands can create buzz and drive sales by offering limited edition sneakers inspired by popular cultural references like retro game consoles.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore collaborations and designs inspired by retro game consoles to cater to nostalgic consumers.
2. Gaming - The gaming industry can leverage retro game console nostalgia to create unique merchandising opportunities and limited edition collector's items.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can capitalize on the trend of retro game console-inspired designs to create engaging campaigns that tap into consumer nostalgia.