'The Youth Arena' is a contemporary pentathlon built by the Vigliecca & Associados team for the Rio Olympics that will house several sporting events occurring at the same time. In order to facilitate the needs of different sports, the building is engineered to be adaptable to the different activities for a quick turn around time in changing the layout so suit the sport.
The building is a single facility that will act as both a training and match centre for dozens of games throughout the Rio Olympics. In order to accommodate the diversity in sports ranging from basketball to fencing, 'The Youth Arena' boasts an adaptable layout with a transitional steel structure built like an airplane hanger. The lights, shading and air conditioning are all moveable to suit the different playing conditions of each sport.
Photo Credits: designboom, vigliecca.br
Rio Olympics Youth Arena Can Service Multiple Sports Simultaneously
1. Adaptable Sports Facilities - Creating versatile and flexible sports arenas that can accommodate multiple sports simultaneously.
2. Quick Turnaround Layouts - Designing buildings that can easily and efficiently change their layout to suit different sports and events.
3. Moveable Environmental Controls - Developing technologies that allow for adjustable lighting, shading, and air conditioning to optimize playing conditions in sports arenas.
1. Sports Facility Construction - Opportunity for architects and builders to create adaptable and versatile sports facilities.
2. Event Management - Providing event organizers with the ability to quickly transform venues to suit different sports and activities.
3. Environmental Control Systems - Innovations in adjustable lighting, shading, and air conditioning technologies for optimal player experience in sports arenas.