Wynwood Brewing Company launched its Coquí-To Barrel-Aged Milk Stout as a brew inspired by a holiday beverage with a similar name, the Coquito, which is also known as Puerto Rico’s eggnog.
Traditionally, the Puerto Rican drink is prepared with ingredients like rum, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves, so Wynwood Brewing's version pays tribute to this festive combination of flavors. Wynwood Brewing founder Luis Brignoni notes that his family commonly enjoyed Coquito during the holidays and Coquí-To offers fans the chance to taste a bit of the Puerto Rican tradition.
As part of a limited release, Coquí-To was shared in the Wynwood Brewing Company Tap Room on draft and in cans that show an illustrated version of the festive drink, crowned with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick.
Wynwood Brewing's Coquí-To Takes Cues from a Puerto Rican Drink
1. Barrel-aged Milk Stouts - Breweries can experiment with new flavors and ingredients by drawing inspiration from festive drinks and regional specialties, as seen with Wynwood Brewing's Coquí-To.
2. Limited Release Beers - Creating special edition beers that celebrate a particular tradition or culture is a way to engage local communities and offer a unique experience for consumers.
3. Festival-inspired Drinks - Taking inspiration from traditional holiday beverages and regional specialties can create innovative flavors and new opportunities for breweries and beverage companies.
1. Craft Beer Industry - Breweries can capitalize on the popularity of limited edition beers and experiment with new flavors and ingredients to differentiate themselves in a crowded market.
2. Alcoholic Beverage Industry - There is an opportunity for beverage companies to create festival-inspired drinks that appeal to a diverse range of tastes and celebrate different cultural traditions.
3. Holiday Food and Beverage Industry - Food and beverage companies can create seasonal products that draw inspiration from festive traditions and ingredients, appealing to consumers seeking unique holiday experiences.