Westin Hotels & Resorts set up a unique vending machine to encourage health, wellness and running a 5K marathon in New York on June 4th. The vending machine was loaded with gear like t-shirts, socks, shoes, shorts, sports bras and other New Balance running gear that could only be released from the machine by tweeting “I want to run with @Westin.” The machine also let users specify their gender and size to assure that the gear fit properly.
With a tweet, all of this gear was given out totally for free. The machine was set up with 75 units of gear and Westin Hotels & Resorts staff also handed out a couple extra items for those who came too late. This initiative is a fantastic way to show that fitness doesn’t have to be a challenge while you’re on the road.
Westin Hotels & Resorts’ Machine Trades Tweets for Running Gear
1. Health and Wellness Vending Machines - Opportunity for businesses to offer health and wellness products through vending machines.
2. Social Media Integration - Incorporating social media interactions into vending machines to engage customers and promote brand awareness.
3. Customized Vending Experiences - Providing personalized vending options based on gender, size, and specific customer preferences.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can integrate vending machines to offer convenient access to fitness gear for health-conscious travelers.
2. Retail - Retail stores can explore the potential of vending machines to expand their product offerings and reach customers in new and unique ways.
3. Fitness and Health - Fitness and health-related businesses can leverage vending machines as an additional channel to provide workout gear and promote their brand.