'WearWorks' is a navigation device which helps users get from point A to point B without having to look down at maps apps on their phones. WearWorks was originally developed as a navigation aid for visually impaired people, but research surrounding it quickly showed the imperative impact this technology could have on the everyday consumer.
This haptic device, which connects to a maps app, uses the sense of touch to guide users to their location. A hands-free method provides for a safer, and more efficient commute as it allows the user to focus on their surroundings. WearWorks can be used as a valuable resource for any biker, walker, or driver trying to navigate an unfamiliar route.
This technology aims to change the way people connect, and interact with their environment, creating a smarter, and safer way to explore.
'Wearworks' Helps Users Navigate Their Surroundings Through Touch
1. Haptic Navigation Devices - The development of haptic navigation devices like WearWorks presents opportunities for disrupting traditional navigation methods by providing a hands-free, tactile way to guide users to their destination.
2. Visual Impairment Technology - The application of technology like WearWorks to assist visually impaired individuals opens up possibilities for disruptive innovations in the accessibility and assistive technology sectors.
3. Smart Wearable Navigation - The integration of navigation capabilities into smart wearable devices, such as smartwatches, offers disruptive innovation opportunities in the consumer electronics industry by providing a more convenient and efficient way for users to navigate their surroundings.
1. Navigation Technology - The development of haptic navigation devices like WearWorks has the potential to disrupt the navigation technology industry by introducing a new tactile interaction paradigm for users.
2. Accessibility Technology - The application of technology like WearWorks in assisting visually impaired individuals presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the accessibility technology industry by improving navigation experiences for this target audience.
3. Consumer Electronics - The integration of navigation capabilities into smart wearable devices, such as smartwatches, opens up disruptive innovation opportunities in the consumer electronics industry by expanding the functionality and value proposition of these devices.