As digital assistants like Amazon's Alexa, Apple's Siri, and Google's Assistant become more deeply embedded in people's daily lives, those quasi-relationships represent a potential area for reaching consumers, and that's exactly the logic behind a company called VoiceLabs' newest project. VoiceLabs has recently announced what it calls Sponsored Messages: short advertisements that will automatically play at the beginning or end of Amazon Alexa conversations.
Sponsored Messages have the potential to draw in consumers because they can be finely tailored and quickly acted upon. For instance, a health foods company could place a message at the end of all conversations involving a workout skill, and users would be able to purchase that company's foods directly through Alexa immediately after hearing the ad.
VoiceLabs' ads will be 6 - 15 seconds long, and they will be finely tuned to ensure that consumers don't experience fatigue by hearing too many ads too often.
VoiceLabs Sponsored Messages Will Insert Ads into Amazon Alexa Dialogues
1. Digital Assistant Advertising - Opportunity to integrate sponsored messages and advertisements into digital assistant dialogues to reach a wider audience and increase brand awareness.
2. Tailored Ads - Opportunity to tailor advertisements to specific users and situations for maximum effectiveness and engagement.
3. Short-form Marketing - Opportunity to utilize short, impactful messages to capture user attention and drive immediate action.
1. Advertising - Opportunity to disrupt traditional advertising models and reach consumers in new, more targeted ways.
2. Voice-activated Technology - Opportunity to improve and expand upon voice-activated technology, making it a more integrated and seamless part of daily life.
3. Retail - Opportunity to increase sales and engagement by promoting products and services through digital assistant dialogues, making it easier for consumers to make purchases directly.