While adhering to a vegetarian diet and still getting enough vegan protein can be difficult, one Toronto-based eatery is trying to put their own spin on things. Located on College Street, YamChops is a vegetarian butcher that offers vegetarian meat alternatives and prepared foods. Trend Hunter recently had a Fun Day there and chatted with Partner Jess Abramson.
Jess explains how YamChops offers quick and easy options in an effort to make the "center of the plate" protein more abundantly available in a vegetarian and vegan format. They also offer a vegetarian and vegan grocery in addition to their own line of cold pressed juices called Au Jus. Making items like coconut bacon and beet burgers, Jess notes their whole job demands creativity to exist. Their vegetarian and vegan protein options are challenging preconceived notions.
YamChops Discusses Creative Vegetarian and Vegan Protein Options
1. Vegetarian Meat Alternatives - Exploring innovative plant-based alternatives to traditional meat products.
2. Quick and Easy Vegetarian/vegan Options - Creating convenient and accessible vegetarian and vegan protein choices for consumers.
3. Creative Food Preparation - Incorporating creativity into vegetarian and vegan dishes to challenge culinary boundaries.
1. Food and Beverage - Developing new vegetarian and vegan protein products and innovative plant-based recipes for the market.
2. Retail and Grocery - Catering to the rising demand for vegetarian and vegan products by offering specialized vegetarian and vegan sections and stores.
3. Hospitality and Restaurants - Providing diverse and creative vegetarian and vegan options on menus to cater to changing consumer preferences.