Vegan fast food chain Odd Burger is launching a line of plant-based products under a newly launched brand called Preposterous Foods. The brand's approach to high-quality vegan eats is minimal-ingredient and minimally processed with a focus on whole foods like chickpeas, oats and wheat gluten.
The brand is introducing itself to the world with 10 products to start, including a crispy "chickUN" burger, meatless wings, beefy ground meat, gyro meat and breakfast sausage, as well as dairy-free ranch dressing, "honey" mustard sauce, tzatziki sauce, eggless mayo, and dairy-free cheese sauce. Odd Burger co-founder and CEO James McInnes says, "It may seem preposterous, but indulgent food can be healthy, and healthy food can be indulgent."
Preposterous Foods are Minimally Processed & Plant-Based
1. Minimal-ingredient Foods - The trend towards minimal-ingredient foods creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in simplifying traditional recipes and reducing processing time and costs.
2. Plant-based Proteins - The growing demand for plant-based proteins presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in developing new sourcing and manufacturing techniques to produce sustainable, high-quality plant-based products.
3. Indulgent Health Foods - There is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating indulgent health foods that are both nutritious and delicious, satisfying consumer cravings while promoting healthy eating habits.
1. Fast Food - The fast food industry can benefit from the trend towards minimal-ingredient and plant-based foods by offering healthier menu options that cater to changing consumer preferences.
2. Food Manufacturing - The food manufacturing industry can take advantage of the trend towards minimal-ingredient and plant-based foods by innovating new production methods to streamline processing and reduce costs.
3. Health Food - The health food industry can leverage the trend towards indulgent health foods by producing new products that balance taste and nutrition, appealing to a wider audience of health-conscious consumers.