Just as there have been plenty of plant-based beef jerky snacks introduced to consumers, brands like Beanfields are exploring ways that other popular meat-based snacks can be made without the meat, as seen in its new grain-free Vegan Cracklins. Based on pork rinds—or cracklins, these snacks imitate the experience of eating fried or roasted skins of pigs but only with plant-powered ingredients like beans, cassava flour, chickpea protein.
These new snacks from Beanfields were recently introduced at the Wintery Fancy Food Show and will soon be available in flavors like Spicy Nacho and Chile Limón. These crispy plant-based baked snacks boast four grams of protein and three grams of fiber per serving.
Although these snacks are boldly branded as vegan, they have the potential to appeal to open-minded flexitarians who are simply looking for a nutritious snack.
Image Credit: Beanfields
Beanfields' Vegan Cracklins Meatlessly Recreate Pork Rinds
1. Plant-based Meat Alternatives - The rise of plant-based alternatives for meat snacks opens up disruptive opportunities for the food industry to cater to the growing demand for vegetarian and vegan options.
2. Mimicking Meat-based Snacks - The trend of creating plant-based snacks that imitate the taste and texture of popular meat-based snacks allows for innovative alternatives in the snack industry, appealing to a wider range of consumers.
3. Health-conscious Snacking - As consumers become more health-conscious, the development of nutritious plant-based snacks like Beanfields' Vegan Cracklins presents an opportunity for the snack industry to meet the demand for healthier options.
1. Food Manufacturing - The food manufacturing industry can capitalize on the trend of plant-based meat alternatives by developing and producing innovative and tasty meatless snack options.
2. Snack Food - The snack food industry can leverage the trend of mimicking meat-based snacks by creating plant-based alternatives that capture the flavor and crunch of traditional snacks like pork rinds, appealing to a broader consumer base.
3. Health Food - The health food industry can benefit from the trend of health-conscious snacking by offering nutritious plant-based snack options that provide a balance of protein and fiber, meeting the needs of health-conscious consumers.