Kersting Architecture designed 'On Water,' a vacation guest house in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Located on 3.61 acres of peninsula stretching towards Futch Creek, the On Water residence offers its inhabitants plenty of space and beautiful views. Spectacular western sunsets over the creek and mesmerizing sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean? Sign me up! A pool is also located in the backyard, a few steps from the home. The views are accessible from the interior, which consists of a kitchen, living area and three bedroom suites.
Shade can be obtained via the column-less porches, formed by cantilevered bedrooms. Meanwhile, those looking to acquire a tan can lounge on the rooftop terrace. The home is comprised of painted prick, exposed steel, stained mahogany and white trim, all chosen to complement the main home.
This Vacation Guest House is the Perfect Retreat
1. Waterfront Getaways - Designing vacation guest houses in picturesque waterfront locations can provide a serene and relaxing escape for travelers.
2. Indoor-outdoor Living - Creating seamless transitions between interior and exterior spaces allows guests to enjoy stunning views and immerse themselves in nature.
3. Sustainable Architecture - Incorporating eco-friendly materials and energy-efficient design elements can enhance the sustainability and appeal of vacation guest houses.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can benefit from offering vacation guest houses that provide peaceful havens for travelers seeking relaxation and rejuvenation.
2. Architecture - Architects specializing in vacation guest house design have an opportunity to create innovative and unique spaces that offer a harmonious blend of comfort, aesthetics, and natural surroundings.
3. Sustainable Design - The sustainable design industry can collaborate with architects and developers to incorporate eco-friendly elements in the construction and operation of vacation guest houses.