To mark the release of its 94th printed issue, graphic design and typography magazine 'Eye' created 8,000 unique magazine covers in collaboration with graphic design firm MuirMcNeil. As it would be an extremely time-consuming process for a human to create thousands of one-of-a-kind designs, the collaborators turned to HP Mosaic, which makes it possible for variable data to be used to print completely distinctive pieces.
For the creation of Eye's 94th magazine issue, the variable data program made constant adjustments to the size and color requirements of digital files. As a result, those who order a single issue or receive this issue of the magazine as part of a regular subscription will have a unique keepsake collectible.
HP Mosaic was also a part of Diet Coke’s 'Extraordinary' campaign, as well as the packaging for the Nutella Unica collection.
Eye Magazine Created 8,000 Unique Magazine Covers for Its 94th Issue
1. Variable Data Printing - Using variable data in printing allows for the creation of thousands of unique designs, opening up opportunities for personalized products and collectibles.
2. Collaborative Graphic Design - Collaborations between graphic design firms and magazines can result in one-of-a-kind covers, sparking innovative and visually captivating print concepts.
3. Digital Printing Technology - Advancements in digital printing technology, such as HP Mosaic, enable the efficient production of customized and individually tailored print materials.
1. Printing and Publishing - The printing and publishing industry can utilize variable data printing and digital printing technology to create unique and personalized print products, attracting and engaging customers.
2. Graphic Design - Graphic design firms can explore collaborations with magazines to push the boundaries of print design, leveraging variable data printing and interactive techniques.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Brands can leverage variable data printing and collaborative graphic design to create visually captivating and highly personalized marketing materials, enhancing brand engagement and customer experience.