IKEA and Sonos, which came together to create the Symfonisk speaker-lamp, are now teaming up to share an immersive theater experience to give visitors the chance to explore how sound impacts their emotions. In late September, The Sound Affect will challenge guests' perception of space with different designs that represent various parts of the brain.
The experience begins when people are welcomed into a lab-like space that's full of speakers to awaken the senses and support the transition to a "collective subconscious state." In the multi-sensory experience, light and sound emitted by the
Symfonisk speakers in the form of beats, spoken word and nature sounds will be used to tap into the emotions.
Upon exiting the space, visitors will be brought back to the lab to recalibrate so that they can leave feeling fresh and uplifted.
IKEA and Sonos are Exploring the Impact of Sound on Emotions
1. Multi-sensory Theater Experiences - There is a rising trend in creating immersive theater experiences that explore the impact of sound on emotions.
2. Sound-affecting Designs - The use of different designs representing various parts of the brain to create sound-affecting experiences is becoming popular.
3. Collective Subconscious State - The concept of transitioning individuals into a collective subconscious state through multi-sensory experiences is gaining traction.
1. Home Furnishings - Home furnishing companies like IKEA are leveraging multi-sensory theater experiences to enhance the emotional impact of their products.
2. Audio Technology - Audio technology companies, such as Sonos, are exploring disruptive innovations that combine sound and emotions in immersive theater experiences.
3. Wellness and Entertainment - The wellness and entertainment industries are incorporating sound-based experiences to provide unique and rejuvenating customer experiences.