Tesla continues to pave the way for the future of automobiles, this time with its Tesla Autopilot Trial. For one month, owners of the company's Model S and X will be able to put the self-driving software to the test -- for free! Although the hardware for the futuristic feature has been embedded in the design since late 2014, the software is a separate option that costs $2,500 at purchase or $3,000 as an after-purchase add-on.
At that expense, it's only natural that people haven't been opting for it as enthusiastically as the brand could have hoped. But with the Tesla Autopilot Trial, that could change drastically. After all, returns are not common in the consumer world and once a person gets hooked, well, they're hooked. Such trials are a great business move.
Model S and X Owners Can Enjoy a Free Month-Long Tesla Autopilot Trial
1. Self-driving Software Trials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering free trials of self-driving software can encourage potential customers to experience its benefits, leading to increased adoption and sales.
2. Consumer Trials for Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Providing free trials for consumer technology products can help overcome cost barriers and drive customer engagement.
3. Subscription-based Software Models - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Implementing a subscription-based model for software can allow customers to access advanced features on a temporary basis, increasing interest and usage.
1. Automotive Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The automotive industry can leverage self-driving software trials to showcase the benefits of autonomous technology and accelerate its adoption.
2. Technology Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering free trials of advanced technology software can create buzz, attract new customers, and drive sales in the technology industry.
3. Software-as-a-service (saas) Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The SaaS industry can explore subscription-based models to provide customers with temporary access to premium software features, expanding their user base and driving revenue.