Taking a cue from rideshare apps like Uber, Tinder is adding a new feature, known as Swipe Surge, to the dating app that aims to offer users more matches. Unlike surging on Uber, Swipe Surge doesn't charge users extra fees. Instead, this new feature tracks when there is an abnormally high amount of people using the app in a specific area and then notifies users of this. The feature will also immediately boost participating users to the front of the line for faster matching.
According to a press release from Tinder "during a Swipe Surge, activity is up to 15x higher." This increased number of users increases match-making potential by 250 percent. The new feature will be tested on iOS devices in select cities, though Tinder has yet to announce which specific cities will be featured.
Tinder's Swipe Surge Offers Increased Match Potential
1. Swipe Surge - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing a feature that tracks high user activity and boosts participating users for faster matching.
2. Increased Match-making Potential - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Enhancing algorithms and features to maximize match-making potential based on user activity.
3. User-tracking Dating Apps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing apps with user-tracking capabilities to offer real-time insights and optimize user experience.
1. Online Dating - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating user-tracking features to revolutionize the online dating industry and increase match-making efficiency.
2. Mobile Applications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating mobile apps with geolocation technology to track user activity and provide personalized recommendations.
3. Social Networking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating user-tracking features in social networking platforms to enhance engagement and connection opportunities.