Although there's an unfortunate number of low-cost eyeshadow palettes that are simply thrown out after use since they are not equipped to be refilled with new shades, a number of ecologically focused beauty brands are stepping up to offer more sustainable makeup packaging solutions.
American makeup company Ecco Bella sets itself apart by selling a variety of its refills in paper packages. In the case of its eyeshadows, a magnetic compact can be purchased to conveniently hold the desired shades. As Ecco Bella puts it, with the Refillable Paperback Duo Compact, consumers can "keep the compact until it is ready to be recycled, which could be years from now."
Some of the unique eyeshadow shades that are available from the brand include classics like Taupe and Clay that are infused with flower cutins. In the same way that flower cutins protect flowers from the elements, Ecco Bella's FlowerColor Makeup promises to keep natural moisture away from makeup to create fresh, long-lasting looks.
Ecco Bella Favors Recyclable and Sustainable Makeup Packaging
1. Sustainable Makeup Packaging - Beauty brands are exploring sustainable packaging, offering new opportunities for eco-friendly products and reducing waste.
2. Refillable Makeup Products - Refillable makeup products are becoming more popular among environmentally-conscious consumers, providing chance for cost savings and reducing packaging waste.
3. Natural Ingredients in Makeup - Beauty brands are incorporating natural ingredients into makeup products, creating unique and eco-friendly cosmetics.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - Companies in the beauty and personal care industry need to consider eco-friendly packaging options to cater to the growing demand for sustainable products.
2. Paper and Packaging - The paper and packaging industry can offer more environmentally-sound options for makeup products, such as biodegradable and recyclable materials.
3. Natural Ingredients - Natural ingredient suppliers can provide beauty brands with a variety of options to create unique makeup products that are eco-friendly and healthy for the skin.