The North Face Summer Base Camp is a free online camp experience marketed to parents during the COVID-19 pandemic. Teaching participants of all ages "how to find adventure at home," the virtual camp experience consists of three weekly educational and hands-on camp activities that parents can complete with their family.
With more parents balancing remote work with homeschooling efforts during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, brands are taking note and are looking to help with fun and interactive resources. In addition to the array of branded virtual content being launched across industries, examples like The North Face Summer Base Camp help parents keep kids busy, entertained and educated with activities lead by a select group of camp counselors. These include a roster of The North Face athletes including mountaineer and photographer Jimmy Chin, climber and artist Nina Williams and more.
The North Face Summer Base Camp Targets Parents During COVID-19
1. Branded Virtual Summer Camps - Opportunity for brands to offer engaging and educational virtual summer camp experiences.
2. Remote Work and Homeschooling - Brands can cater to parents by providing resources and tools to help balance remote work and homeschooling.
3. Interactive and Educational Content - Brands can create virtual activities and experiences that keep kids entertained and educated at home.
1. Outdoor Retail - Outdoor retail brands can develop virtual summer camp programs to engage with customers and promote their products.
2. Education Technology - EdTech companies can create platforms and content that support remote learning and virtual summer camp experiences.
3. Entertainment and Media - Entertainment and media companies can develop interactive and educational virtual content for kids to engage with at home.