An upcoming update to the Starbucks mobile app will soon have java addicts around the world rejoicing. If you're someone who gets jittery just waiting around in line, you'll be pleased to know that you'll soon be able to pre-order and pay for your drinks.
The new Order-Ahead feature takes cues from apps like Uber, Lyft, Seamless and Caviar, that let users order and pay for a service or food delivery in full. With about 14% of Starbucks sales coming from its mobile app, it makes sense to push its development to the next level and at the same time, speed up service. By using Order-Ahead on Starbucks mobile, customers will simply be able to make an order, pay for it, then walk into the store and pick up their drink.
Starbucks' Mobile App Will Soon Let You Order and Pay in Advance
1. Mobile Order-ahead - Implementing mobile order-ahead features similar to Starbucks can streamline service and increase customer satisfaction.
2. App-based Pre-ordering - Creating mobile apps that allow customers to pre-order and pay for products can enhance convenience and improve efficiency.
3. In-store Pick-up - Introducing in-store pick-up options for pre-orders can reduce wait times and enhance the overall customer experience.
1. Cafes and Coffee Shops - Implementing mobile order-ahead features in cafes and coffee shops can help streamline operations and attract tech-savvy customers.
2. Food Delivery Services - Adding app-based pre-ordering capabilities to food delivery services can make the ordering process more efficient and convenient for customers.
3. Retail Stores - Introducing in-store pick-up options for pre-ordered products in retail stores can provide customers with a seamless shopping experience.