When it comes to pairing food and drinks, alcoholic options are often the first products that come to mind but Saicho is hoping to change this with its sparkling cold-brewed tea beverages. The non-alcoholic drinks are designed to elevate certain kinds of food with their complex flavors, as the teas are brewed for 24 hours.
While Saicho's Darjeeling variety is said to be a perfect match for grilled meats, the flavor of Hojicha complements Asian salads or cured meats, and Jasmine elevates the taste of pasta and panna cotta.
According to Saicho co-founder Charlie Winkworth-Smith, "The low and no-ABV trend is definitely going to take the lead in early 2020 as consumers look to make healthy changes in their lifestyle and drive the market for sophisticated and complex no-alcohol alternatives."
Image Credit: Saicho
Saicho's Non-Alcoholic Drinks Help to Create Elevated Food Pairings
1. Non-alcoholic Beverage Pairing - The trend of pairing non-alcoholic beverages with food creates opportunities for innovative flavor combinations and elevated dining experiences.
2. Complex Flavored Cold-brewed Teas - The growing popularity of cold-brewed teas with complex flavors presents opportunities for new product development and unique taste profiles.
3. Low and No-abv Market - The increasing demand for sophisticated and complex non-alcoholic alternatives creates opportunities for disruptive innovation in the low and no-ABV market.
1. Beverage - Beverage industry can capitalize on the trend of non-alcoholic beverage pairing by developing new products and flavors to complement different types of food.
2. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can leverage the trend of complex flavored cold-brewed teas by incorporating them into their menus and offering unique pairings with their food offerings.
3. Food and Beverage Manufacturing - The food and beverage manufacturing industry can tap into the growing low and no-ABV market by producing innovative and sophisticated non-alcoholic alternatives that cater to changing consumer preferences.