Many hotels put an emphasis on amenities, but the SLEEEP Hong Kong hotel eschews any frills in favor of focusing on one particular experience: giving guests the best sleep possible. The "capsule hotel" features sleep pods rather than rooms, and guests have the option to book nightly or at pay-as-you-wish hourly rates, making it a place to nap or slumber in the midst of the bustle of Hong Kong.
The sleep pods in SLEEEP Hong Kong were developed by two friends in response to Harvard's Dean Challenge. Called SLPer pods, they were designed in response to the pressing issue of population growth in urban centers, reducing space while still giving people shelter to sleep. The pods encourage quality sleeps with things like responsive lighting, smooth corners, noiseless curtains, and more.
The SLEEEP Hong Kong Capsule Hotel is Devoted to Providing Quality Sleeps
1. Capsule Sleep Pods - The emergence of capsule sleep pods is disrupting the traditional hotel industry and provides an opportunity for innovative entrepreneurs to create affordable and compact sleeping accommodations.
2. Sleep Tech - The use of responsive lighting, noise-cancelling features, and other sleep technology in capsule hotels presents an opportunity for innovators to create new products that optimize sleep environments.
3. Pay-as-you-go Accommodations - The trend towards pay-as-you-go hourly rates for capsule hotels creates an opportunity for entrepreneurs to develop more flexible and affordable models for short-term accommodations.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can benefit from incorporating sleep technology into their establishments to offer guests unique and enhanced experiences.
2. Real Estate - Real estate developers can capitalize on the trend of compact and affordable sleeping accommodations for urbanites who desire easy and convenient access to sleeping spaces.
3. Health and Wellness - The emergence of sleep-focused accommodations presents an opportunity for health and wellness businesses to partner with capsule hotels and provide guests with sleep-related services and products.