Sleep researchers, flight attendants and travelers helped to inform the development of POD, a patent-pending travel pillow complete with its own structured pillowy hood and a built-in eye mask. The design of the adjustable, comfort-focused travel pillow was based on real neck braces in order to provide the utmost level of support, and all the while, it remains easy to store, portable, hygienic and washer-safe.
POD is adaptable and easy to use in different configurations and it boasts "the highest sensory deprivation you can get out of a travel pillow." Pluto's POD has the potential to help any busy traveler find more peace on their journeys, like supermodel and mom Coco Rocha, who is well-versed in frequent traveling and needing to rest along the way.
Pluto's POD Includes a Pillowy Hood and a Built-In Eye Mask
1. Sensory Deprivation Travel Products - There is an opportunity to create other travel products that allow travelers to block out more external stimuli and get better sleep on-the-go.
2. Innovative Pillow and Sleepwear Design - There is a space for disruptive innovation in the travel accessories market, which could be further explored through pillow and sleepwear design.
3. Adjustable Travel Pillows - Further improvements can be made to the adjustability and comfort of travel pillows to make them more supportive and efficient for sleep on-the-go.
1. Travel Accessories - The travel accessories industry can benefit from developing more innovative and practical products, such as sensory deprivation travel pillows.
2. Sleepwear - Sleepwear manufacturers could explore the opportunity to develop more comfortable and practical sleepwear for travelers.
3. Medical Supplies - Medical supply companies could look into adapting neck brace designs to create more comfortable and efficient travel pillows for consumers.