Artist Laurie Lipton was born in New York and the first person to graduate from the prestigious Carnegie-Mellon University in Pennsylvania with a Fine Arts Degree in Drawing. Lipton’s incredible and somewhat disturbing skeletal bride artwork came from her sense of humor, her readings of the bible cover to cover and her constant belief that reality is an illusion.
Laurie’s freakish pieces include creepy dolls being eaten, grown men in strollers, and horrified babies reminiscent of a horror film. Check out this scary skeletal bride artwork in the gallery above.
Artist Laurie Lipton Brings Horror to Life
1. Horror-inspired Artwork - Opportunities for artists to create shocking and unconventional pieces that challenge traditional norms.
2. Dark Humor in Fine Arts - Innovative approaches to incorporating humor and satire into fine art creations.
3. Exploring Reality and Illusion - Potential for artists to explore philosophical concepts of reality and illusion through their artworks.
1. Fine Arts - Disruptive innovation opportunities for artists to push boundaries and challenge societal expectations with their creations.
2. Film and Entertainment - Potential for horror-themed films and entertainment to incorporate unique and unsettling visuals inspired by Laurie Lipton's artwork.
3. Publishing and Literature - Opportunities for writers and publishers to explore dark and thought-provoking themes in literature inspired by the concepts behind Laurie Lipton's art.