Shauna Richardson’s crochetdermy is the perfect solution for anyone who is in love with whole taxidermy look, but isn’t crazy about having dead stuffed animal in their home. The UK-based artist uses thick and coarse wools like mohair to crochet these lifelike hunting trophies. For the finishing touch, she uses glass eyes to complete the look.
As a person who thought hunting trophies were always slightly on the creepy side, this is the perfect compromise. You can now have that creepy hunting trophy, without all that creepiness.
Shauna Richardson's Crochetdermy is Faux Perfection
1. Faux Taxidermy Decor - Companies can explore the use of alternative materials to produce animal-inspired decor without harming any wildlife.
2. Sustainable Art - Artists can focus on eco-friendly materials such as wool and crochet to create interesting and lifelike sculptures that attract a greener audience.
3. DIY Taxidermy Kits - Entrepreneurs can create kits containing instructions and materials to make faux taxidermy, appealing to home enthusiasts who want to create something unique and sustainable.
1. Home Decor - Companies specializing in home decor can explore the production of fake taxidermy pieces to help customers achieve their desired look without involving real animals.
2. Art and Craft - Art and craft stores can cater to their eco-conscious clients by stocking up on alternative materials such as wool and other sustainable products for sculpture making.
3. DIY Hobby - Entrepreneurs can launch a business focusing on providing DIY taxidermy kits, which cater to various themes and skill levels while ensuring sustainability and a unique outcome.