A poo(l) party might not be appealing for most people, but after hearing about the massive amount of energy stored in hot sewage water, the French town of Levallois-Perret decided to invest in technology in order to capture the wasted heat.
Another bold greentech investment that sounds a lot worse than it is! In fact, sewage water and pool water only exchange heat passively, not directly. Apparently, the sewers can cut energy bills in this town by around 24%! Maybe introducing a chili cooking contest will benefit the climate in a yummier fashion...
French Eco Initiative Takes Energy From Hot Sewage to Heat Swimming Pools
1. Sewage-heat Energy - Exploring the potential of sewage heat energy to heat buildings and facilities
2. Green-tech Investment - Investing in green technology to reduce energy costs and promote sustainable practices
3. Passive Heating Exchange - Developing technology to utilize passive heating exchange between water sources
1. Sustainable Energy - Developing sustainable energy solutions from unconventional sources
2. Construction - Incorporating passive heating exchange technology in building designs
3. Hospitality - Using sewage heat energy to power hotel and resort facilities