Selim Ben Hadj Yahia is a Tunisian director of a communications agency who has created an incredibly powerful campaign in support of travel in Sousse. After the tragic mass shooting on one of its beaches that left 38 tourists dead, it's only natural that people have been afraid to visit the city.
Yet through a series of images just as tragic, if not more so, Selim Ben Hadj Yahia shows people who the ultimate winner is if such travel is avoided. An image of the World Trade Center under attack is overlaid with the question, "Would you stop visiting New York?" A similar sentiment is explored with London and Paris. Selim Ben Hadj Yahia hopes these images will change people's perspective in a positive way.
Selim Ben Hadj Yahia Focuses on Tragic World Events to Encourage Travel
1. Travel Resilience Campaigns - Creating powerful visual campaigns that encourage travel to places affected by tragedy or negative events.
2. Empathy Marketing - Using empathetic messaging to connect with consumers emotionally and encourage them to travel.
3. Socially Responsible Travel Marketing - Fostering a sense of responsibility and empathy towards affected places or communities through travel marketing.
1. Travel and Tourism - Creating impactful campaigns that encourage travel while addressing concerns related to safety and tragedy.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Using empathetic messaging and visual campaigns to address potential consumer concerns and encourage travel.
3. Public Relations and Communications - Developing strategic and empathetic messaging to promote travel and create positive impact in affected communities.