At the Super Bowl 2020, Budweiser introduced SelfieBud as a beer product that's packaged to help people take selfies. While the contents of the beer bottle remain the same, the special edition bottles of beer have been designed with mirror images of the traditional logo, so that when an image is captured in selfie mode, it is automatically legible.
SelfieBud is touted as "the first beer in history made for the selfie generation," and acknowledges that the selfie modes on popular social media apps often flip a user's image. The beer bottle packaging was introduced at the BUDX Super Bowl Weekend takeover in Miami hosted by celebrities and social media influencers.
Like Budweiser, brands in other industries are also launching selfie-friendly packaging designs that are meant for sharing.
Image Credit: Budweiser
SelfieBud by Budweiser Was Created with Social Media in Mind
1. Selfie-worthy Packaging - Brands across industries are designing packaging that is specifically tailored for capturing selfie moments.
2. Social Media Integration - Companies are integrating social media features into their products or packaging to appeal to the selfie generation.
3. Influencer Marketing - Brands are leveraging the power of influencers and celebrities to promote their selfie-friendly products.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore innovative packaging solutions that enhance the selfie experience for customers.
2. Beauty and Personal Care - Beauty and personal care brands can develop products with packaging optimized for capturing selfies, catering to the growing trend of self-expression and social media sharing.
3. Technology and Gadgets - The technology and gadgets industry can create accessories or devices that facilitate and enhance the selfie-taking process, providing new opportunities for innovative products.